Source: IronZen © - Workout Routines
Bodybuilding workouts for beginners should be as simple and transparent as possible, otherwise they simply can’t workout properly; and not even a half starts training with the help of professional coaches.
Though given below split is methodologically simple, it requires attention to the technique of exercises and the amount of load. Should start training with low weights, gradually increasing them. Do not forget to warm up, warming up sets are not specified in the program.
- 3 workouts per week;
- last sets in each exercise “to failure”;
- 4-8 weeks of training;
- basic exercises.
IronZen Universal Split
- Barbell squats – 4-5 х 10-15
- Calf raises (seated or in machine) – 4-5 х 15-20
- Hyperextensions – 3х10-15
- Reverse grip pull-ups – 3 х 4-7
- Hanging crunches – 2-3 х макс
- Barbell bench press – 4-5 х 8-10
- Barbell press standing – 3 х 8-10
- Bent-over barbell row – 4-5 х 8-10
- Lat pulldown (to chest or behind the neck) – 4 х 10-12
- Triceps pushdown – 2-3 х 8-12
- Exercise bike – 20 minutes (only for endomorphs)
* Workouts alternate.
** In description of the program after the first dash number indicates the quantity of sets, after "x" – the number recommended reps.
Exercises should be performed at moderate pace, 1 set should take about 30 seconds, abs can possibly take more time. Rest between exercises 2-5 minutes, between sets 1-3 minutes.
The program works well for beginners, but can be used by experienced athletes to quickly get back in shape for 3-5 weeks.
The split does not have somatotypic differences, but if necessary can be adjusted to the individual physiological and physical characteristics:
- Ectomorphs need to limit any extra load and increase caloric intake, use gainers.
- For mesomorphs permitted a slight increase in the number of sets in basic exercises.
- Endomorphs are recommended to have aerobic exercise in rest days (2-3 times a week for 20-30 minutes) in addition to basic training. For example, running.
Dear visitor, you entered the site as an unregistered user.
We recommend you to register or login to the website using your name.
Users of Guests are not allowed to comment this publication.